Certified Dental Assistants
of British Columbia
Can't find what you're looking for? Submit a request

What do I do to become certified after I graduate?

The majority of CDA programs in BC are accredited by the CDAC.

The following information is is from the regulatory body for CDAs in BC, the College of Dental Surgeons of BC (CDSBC).

To become certified as a CDA in BC, graduates of both accredited and non-accredited schools in BC are required to successfully complete the National Dental Assisting Examining Board's (NDAEB) Written Exam. In addition to sitting the NDAEB Written Exam, graduates of non-accredited programs are also required to successfully complete the NDAEB's Clinical Practice Evaluation (CPE). You must inquire with the school and the NDAEB as to whether graduates of a non-accredited program are eligible to write the NDAEB.

If you have questions, contact Sandra Harvey, Manager of Regulation at the CDSBC, at sharvey@cdsbc.org or call 604.736.3621 or 1.800.663.9169.


Powered by Zendesk